Eating healthy is important for healthy living. Here are some tasty, quick and easy to prepare healthy breakfast ideas.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It recharges and revitalizes you after the long break and gives you the energy and nutrients you need to start your day. It’s also important that you eat healthy and fresh instead of fast foods for a healthy immune system. However, if you are like most people, you don’t have enough time to prepare a decent meal, especially when you’re in a hurry.
3 Healthy Breakfast & Snack ideas
Below we have a list of healthy breakfast and snack ideas that you can grab on the road or when you are sprinting out the door.
1. Avocado and Dill on a whole wheat Muffin with Boiled Eggs
Avocado is an excellent ingredient for breakfast. It’s full of nutrients, antioxidants and vitamin C. Breakfast with avocado is even better on top of whole-wheat English muffin with a boiled egg. Add some mustard and a pinch of dill to add spice to it.
- 2 toasted whole wheat English muffins
- 2 teaspoons of whole grain mustard
- One avocado sliced and peeled
- A pinch of dill
- Boiled eggs
Top toasted English muffins with avocado, whole grain mustard and dill, add boiled eggs and enjoy. Easy!
2. Grapefruit Brulee:
Grapefruit is a superfood high in antioxidant and vitamin C. It also helps you to cut fat and lose weight.
- One grapefruit
- 1 teaspoon honey
Cut the grapefruit in half and cut each section. Next, drizzle the honey on top and caramelize the sugar with a kitchen torch. Top with raspberries for taste, color and added nutrients.
3. Smoky beans on toast:
Make your own smoked beans in five minutes or less; it’s much tastier and healthier than store-bought baked beans.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ small onion, sliced
- ½ small red pepper, thinly sliced into strips
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 227g can chopped tomatoes
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 210g can butter beans or chickpeas, drained
- ¼ tsp honey/ maple syrup or unrefined sugar
- 1 slice seeded, wholegrain bread
- a few parsley sprigs, finely chopped
Use a small pan to heat the oil, saute gently with the pepper and onion until soft. Crush half the garlic and add this to the pan, along with the tomatoes, paprika, vinegar, beans, sweetener and some seasoning. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes or until slightly reduced and thickened.
Toast the bread and drizzle with olive oil, and rub garlic on it. Spoon the beans on it and drizzle with some more olive oil, sprinkle chopped parsley over beans before serving.
(Courtesy: Smoky beans on toast | BBC Good Food )
Always start your day with a healthy breakfast. We cannot stress enough the importance of eating a healthy breakfast. Hope you’ll enjoy these breakfast ideas and also feel free to experiment with your own!
We’d love to hear from you, so please put down your thoughts and your own favorite recipes in the comment box below.
Source: Alternative Health Concepts.
Related Articles and Resources:
- 10 Reasons Why You Should Eat a Healthy Breakfast
- 10 Fruits, Vegetables, Herbs & Foods that Revitalize your Body & Mind
- 7 Superfoods for Weight Loss to Include in your Daily Diet
- What Role Does Diet Play in a Healthy Immune System?
- Jon us for the Live Webinar Alternative Health Concepts – New Ways to Make us Healthy