‘Tis the season for gift giving, but many of us struggle to find unique and creative gifts for those in our lives. What if you could give healthy gifts that inspire those around you (or even yourself) to pursue true health, wellness and vitality? While most people might not want to be given a book about diets or exercise — implying that we think they’re overweight, unhealthy, etc. — there are fun, festive, and even whimsical healthy gifts that can spark joy while also giving those around you the things they need to have a more vibrant lifestyle. Let’s explore a few creative ideas below, and you might just find yourself buying an extra one for yourself to keep!
Healthy Gifts Guide: Wellness Ideas for the Holiday Season
1. Indoor Seed & Sprouting Kits
According to Harvard, freshly grown produce contains more nutrients (which is better for your health, disease prevention, and immunity).
But it’s a bit difficult to grow your own produce when the weather outside is dark, cold, and rainy/snowy.
Thankfully, there are many indoor garden kits that can help you enjoy fresh herbs, veggies and sprouts right in your own kitchen! They typically include:
- A pack of fertilized soil pellets pre-planted with seeds
- A timer that monitors and automates watering
- An overhead light providing full spectrum light that encourages fast plant growth
And because much of it is automated, you don’t have to worry about whether your friends, family, or you have a green thumb.
2. A Fancy Water Bottle
There are numerous benefits to hydration, including:
- A stronger immune system
- Healthier, more glowing skin
- More energy
- Better metabolism and weight management
Yet many people struggle to drink enough water. A fancy, high-tech water bottle could be just the motivator and makes for one of the most trending healthy gifts this year. Popular examples on the market today include water bottles that:
- Have smart features, such as tracking your water consumption and syncing with your smartphone so you know how hydrated you actually are
- Have special insulation qualities, such as keeping your drink hot or cold for 24 hours or more
- Have self-cleaning capabilities, such as water bottles with built-in UV lights that kill viruses and bacteria (and guard your immunity)
3. Supplement Support
Help yourself or your friends and family with supplement organizers or pill boxes that let you measure out and track specific supplements throughout the day.
You could even pair it with immunity-boosting supplements, creating a healthy gifts package that includes everything someone might need.
Consider including a bottle of:
- BioPro-Plus 500, our bestselling thymic protein supplement (learn more here)
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D (especially important during the dark, cold winter months when we don’t get a lot of sunshine)
4. Self-Care Packages
Create self-care packages that include relaxation and wellness components such as:
- Epsom salt, to soothe your body and relax tense muscles
- Essential oils, such as lavender to promote deeper sleep
- Healthy snacks, such as roasted nuts or dark chocolate